Dani California – RHCP
Dani California is the latest single from Red Hot Chilli Peppers and is also a part of their latest album, Stadium Arcadium. The music is typical RHCP but it’s the video which is very different. In this, they have, in their way, paid homage (parodied ?) to the best rock bands from the sixties.
I watched the video yesterday and was left laughing at their idea and antics. I mean, some of the bands they have represented (which I could identify) were so real looking I was amazed. Watch the video and try to identify the bands on your own before reading further. It contains the bands I identified, and am quite certain about.
The first part is to indicate which of their get-up’s I’m indicating, mainly by the dress/makeup of the lead singer Anthony Kiedis.
- Rock and roll style dance – Elvis (?)
- Everyone with prescription glasses –
UnknownThe Byrds (?)
- Brightly colored outfits – The Beatles (Mainly cos the guitarist looks very similar to John Lennon)
- White fur coat open in the front – GnR
- Gaudy Makeup, Shiny blue suit with a hat – Aerosmith
- White Shirt –
- Set Hair down the face & the drummer with face paint – The Mistfits (
Kiss maybe?)(Thanks TXC)
- Wild Rockers with platinum blond hair – Unknown
- Sitting on a stool – Nirvana
- 3/4 Shorts with a tie – Themselves
It’s a very nice video and is typical RHCP style where they do all sorts of crazy jumping around on the stage ;)